Monday, October 10, 2016

Decorating a Tiny House on a Budget: Fall Edition

Hey everyone!

Fall is upon us! It's been fall for a while now and I'm a bit late decorating but I'm super excited to show you all what I came up with.
I love decorating! Halloween and Thanksgiving are my favorite holidays to decorate for.

My budget was $20 and I decided to go to the Dollar Store. I also got a couple things at Joann's which has really good discounts as well.


If you've been following us for some time, you will know that I love fairy lights! I grew up having them all over the house.

When it came to decorating, I knew I wanted to add something to my wall-lights, so I came up with taping leaves to them. I've never seen anybody do this before so I thought it was original and fun! I love how it looks like they're falling.
(The leaves cost about $6. I got some at the Dollar Store and some at Joann's)

I also bought the little pumpkin that is sitting next to the globe (in the photo above). I cut out the top and stuck a flameless candle in it. (I also did that with double sided tape. I just wanted regular tape. Silly me) The pumpkin cost about $5.




I love decorating the front door because it's the first thing people see when they enter a home. 

I thought it wasn't a good idea to put anything on the outside of the door (because of all the water that runs off the side of the trailer) I decided to do it on the inside, plus you see it more than you would on the outside. I bought this leaf and pumpkin hanging piece at Joann's for super cheap and painted it. I didn't paint the back side of it because I thought I could paint it differently next year.




BEWARE! This thing is like a glitter bomb (if you don't know what a glitter bomb is, click here) I got this at the dollar store for $1. I wanted to put something festive on the table. I also love looking at it when the sun shines through the window and hits it, so pretty!



Lastly, I taped a bunch of fake leaves all over the house. Luckily for Travis I didn't just go out and rake a bunch of leaves and throw them in a pile in the middle of the floor, which at this point I should of done.

In the end I stayed way under my budget for these fall decorations.  I love the simplicity of how it all looks and for how cheap they were I'm happy with how everything turned out. It makes our tiny house look festive and feel that more cozy! 

Hope you enjoyed and got inspired to decorate your house!

Happy Fall!



No comments:

Post a Comment